Volunteer in an association
Published : 2019-06-04 - Categories : Better living after cancer
Several associations exist in France.
Their objectives are:
- To SUPPORT women with cancer. The message given is "They have been there". Volunteers are people (male and female) who have had cancer. They can share their experiences.
- To SENSITIZE health professionals. Women affected by cancer have needs and expectations that need to be heard.
- To PARTICIPATE in prevention and promotion of cancer screening.
Your commitment to its associations is important. To be a volunteer, you must:
- Have a multi-year perspective on your cancer,
- Be attentive to the needs of sick people,
- Understand the limits,
- Refer women to the most appropriate resources for them,
- Have knowledge on the subject of cancer: treatments etc.
Your role is to reassure them and tell them to trust doctors.
Exchanging with a person who has experienced the same illness is reassuring for the person who is ill and also provides essential support.
The objective of an association is to share its experiences, advice and knowledge.
You know the difficulties experienced because of treatments, physical and emotional difficulties, appropriate words and attitudes...
Being a volunteer means being understanding and listening. A moment of exchange and sharing.
Laboratoire RENASCOR presents a list of cancer associations in France:
Association VIVRE COMME AVANT
14 rue Corvisart 75013 PARIS
Email : [email protected]
Site internet : https://www.vivrecommeavant.fr/
26 rue d'Ulm 75248 Paris cedex 05
Tél : 01 44 32 40 00 Site internet : http://www.curie.fr/
Ligue nationale contre le cancer Siège national de La Ligue contre le cancer
12 r Corvisart 75013 PARIS
Tel : 01 53 55 24 00 Fax : 01 43 36 91 10
Site internet : http://www.ligue-cancer.asso.fr/
Jeunes Solidarité Cancer
14, Rue Corvisart 75013 PARIS
Site internet : http://www.jscforum.net
Fédération Nationale des Centres de Lutte contre le Cancer - F. N. C. L. C. C.
101, rue de Tolbiac 75654 PARIS
Tél : 01 44 23 04 04 Fax : 01 45 84 66 82
Site internet : http://www.fnclcc.fr/
Europa Donna-Forum France (solidarité des femmes face au cancer du sein)
1, avenue Stéphen Pichon 75013 Paris
Tél. : 01 44 06 80 95 Fax : 01 45 86 56 78
Société Française de psycho-oncologie Association psychologie et cancers Institut Paoli-Calmettes
232, bd de Sainte-Marguerite 13273 Marseille Cedex 09
Tél. : 04 91 22 33 97 Fax : 04 91 22 33 97
There are many other associations related to cancer. Feel free to do some research on the internet!
"Happiness is the only thing that doubles if you share it" Albert Schweitzer